Before trying out MoYou London, I think it's fair to say that me + nail art = disaster, but I can honestly say that after giving this whole nail stamping thing a go, I'm officially a convert. Who would of thought that short, stumpy nails can rock complex patterns too?
This cool nail art brand specialises in nail stamping plates with ready-made designs that you can paint and then transfer onto your nails using a stamp. It's really easy. Pinky promise.Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
5 steps to flawless nail stamping
1. Remove any polish and file your nails to your chosen shape. Yes, you can still rock a Rhianna claw-pointed nail if you so wish, tooAdvertisement - Continue Reading Below Advertisement - Continue Reading Below Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
2. Apply your base coat then pick your nail colour and apply to your nails. I only used one coat of MoYou London's black polish and the pigment was great. It completely dried by the time both hands were painted!
3. Choose a nail plate. Then take the nail polish colour (it works with any brand) that you want your design to be, and paint it over the nail plate generously
4. Using the scraper accessory at a 45 degree angle, scrape over the design to remove any excess polish before stamping
5. Press the stamping tool onto the painted design, and then apply it to your nail in a rolling motion going from edge to edge. Any excess on your fingers can be removed with a cotton bud soaked in nail polish remover. For an ombre effect, apply more than one colour to the plate. When scraping off the excess, scrape in different directions to mix the colours together. If you want to get really creative and mix patterns, follow the same process and build the designs onto your nail
6. To finish, apply your clear top coat to lock down the designs - and there you have it!
MoYou London sells all the tools and polishes individually on their website, but have also designed sets which are perfect for gifts.
Source : http://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/beauty-hair/nails/how-to/a36609/nail-stamping-art/